Shadow light falloff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow light falloff

A while ago I was working on a toon style figure with vray toon and shadow/lght falloff maps. I kept getting an error with the material and I abandoned the look and forgot about it. I was just doing a table cloth and I tried to add a shadow/light falloff but again the same overbright error with dots everywhere. Is it not possible to use a falloff with shadow light?

Thanks

Shadow light doesnt work so well, as with GI renders, in a sense there is shadow and light everywhere.
    That material was designed for 1 shadow and 1 light.. if you know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by DaForce
      That material was designed for 1 shadow and 1 light.. if you know what I mean.
      Yeah that was my assumption. It does make a nice toon effect though.

Comment

Try using a gradient ramp set to "lighting" its alot more forgiving

Comment

Daforce that is a pretty nifty tip. Thanks

Comment

Not a problem mate. Glad to help

Comment

my little benchmark scene with the toonshaded teapot uses a falloff set to shadow/light, but I had to set it up very specifically.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Yeah its pretty damn hard to work with really. Gradient ramp is more forgiving in that sense.

But you did well to make it render without errors.. only one light affecting it I assume?

Comment

if your referring to me then yes. And I believe it was completely turned off to GI. Ill have to try the gradient ramp thingy. I used to have this sweet cloth shader that used shadow/light falloff maps for the 'fuzz'. Had to ditch it due to issues.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Working...
                  X