white dots related to geometry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white dots related to geometry

Hello all...I've read the postings from many others who have had white dot issues on their renderings and worked with the information offered, like 'sub pixel mapping' and 'clamp output'. Still, I have been having issues.

While troubleshooting, I learned that if I hid a specific piece of geometry (in this case the inground pool wall under the water surface), the object receiving the dots (the pool patio right next to it), came out clean.... in other words...no dots when that piece was hidden.

Does anyone know why this may be?

If the object you hide has a reflective or refractive material, then this is normal. These dots are typically reflective caustics (reflections of reflections of bright lights), so if you hide the object that is causing them, they disappear.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. With the object, under VRAY properties, I turned off generate GI and receive GI as well as generate and receive caustics. On the material, I uncheck the boxes for reflection and refraction. Still the effected area remains. Do you know what else I can do?

Comment

Well, it depends on the particular case. One work-around is to limit the reflection depth for the reflective materials; another solution is to use VRayOverrideMtl material with a perfectly diffuse (or at least less glossy) material for the Reflections. If you are using the light cache, a solution could also be to turn on the "Use light cache for glossy rays" option.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X