Pool amenities problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pool amenities problem

I have a sphere around my site and a ground plane for the grass. Without it the site is way too bright to even see anything...I can still not get these settings right I guess.....Arrrghh Anyway...I turn the sun around and I get that weird green sky thing in the background...any thoughts

Eric Camper
    Studio 3D
    www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Hi. You should try excluding the sphere from the sun's illumination, then uncheck the "cast shadows" option in the object properties and, finally, you should make the material for the sphere self-illuminated. You should also change it's vray object properties so the sphere doesn't generate or receive GI.

Best regards,

Jorge

Comment

Hey Eric.. back again
      hehehe

What are you using the sphere for?

First of all I would suggest you hide the sphere and nail down your render settings. Then unhide the sphere and do what Jorge said.

Depending on what the sphere is used for there might be better options.

<off topic>
      Oh yeah Eric, getting a 40" 1080p LCD tv delivered today for some hidef xbox360 action
      If you havnt already you gotta play Overlord and The Darkness

Comment

(comment off topic->>)

40"??????

Bastard :P

Comment

(off topic reply)

hehe yeah... given my 30" LCD monitor was bigger than my old TV thought I should upgrade the TV

40" is about the right size for the small area it will be used in.

oh.. and Mr Bastard, if you dont mind

Comment

Cool...I shall try all and some of that.....So the Sphere should not affect the scene at all correct?? This would be much quicker if every time I relinked the dwg file I did not have to reapply all my modifiers and maps...LOL...

40"...Daddy likes....Yes...I have played both of those....And (off-topic) again....You need to check out the Splinter Cell and Metal Gear videos.......NICE!!!
            Eric Camper
            Studio 3D
            www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

OH excuse moi...how rude OF COURSE MR.

Have fun!!

Comment

my mate is using the 40" now for games.. its just massive.. hahaha.

Eric, I will check out those vids.

Comment

oh.....well...I was using the sphere for the background...Should I do it another way??
                  Eric Camper
                  Studio 3D
                  www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

Hi Eric. Why not put the background in the environment slot? If using LWF and vrayphyscam I find that I have to crank up the output to about 160 (same as my shutter speed) in the material editor. If using a sphere you'll have to exclude from all lights and GI.
                    "A severed foot would make the ultimate stocking stuffer"
                    -Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Yeah if you were just using the sphere for your BG then I might well be better to stick it in the max ENV slot, and as long as you have the vray skylight override on it (the BG) wont cast any light into your scene.

Comment

So I can just drag my bitmap into the MAX environment slot and it will look fine?
                        Eric Camper
                        Studio 3D
                        www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

Ok...I drug the bitmap into the slot and the background is black? What next
                          Eric Camper
                          Studio 3D
                          www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

Did you crack up the output-amount for the bitmap as mentioned by powerandrubber?
                            3DV - Ruud van Reenen
                            www.3dv.nl

Comment

oops.....I left the decimal in and it was 1.6. DOH...Ok...Now....What should my Vray Dialog Environment be set to? Right now the GI ENVIRONMENT (skylight) override is NOT checked.
                              Eric Camper
                              Studio 3D
                              www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

Working...
                              X