No announcement yet.

Switch off interpolation - GLOBALLY ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch off interpolation - GLOBALLY ???

I have this very, very itchy problem with Interpolated Reflection / Refractioin with Vray materials. I've rendered the irradiance map for a scene, but still at render time there a pre-pass for the interpolation. I know this is normal, but very frustrating, because at each frame the interpolation pass takes about 7-8 minutes.

My scene is really big (160 max file and 170 mb of proxies) and there are literally hundreds of materials. It's really hard for me to go and switch off the Interpolation on all the materials (especially with RC3). I guess its somewhere in a bunch of cars, but still can't find all of the materials.

Is there any way to globally switch off interpolation? Or any script that will search a selection and go to each material and switch Interpolation off?

Thanks in advance,
    Nixon

I do recall there was a script for this a few years ago, did you try a search?
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

i agree this would be a great feature to have in the global switches.

Comment

mmm

Originally posted by RErender
        I do recall there was a script for this a few years ago, did you try a search?
        of course, here, scriptspot, haven't tried google, but now I did. There's simply too many matches... that's why I was hoping someon who had used / created such a script to point it out.

Comment

Metin7 had one called VRay Automator should be over at his website or scriptspot.

Comment

yeah - it's a brilliant script.
            I use it almost daily.

Comment

same here. I wish I was a brilliant coder, so I could take over its development. But since I'm not, I can't.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Originally posted by percydaman
                same here. I wish I was a brilliant coder, so I could take over its development. But since I'm not, I can't.
                It songs like a call to the new little devil ^Lele^ !!
                =:-/
                Laurent

Comment

But where is Metin, a long time without any post by him
                  =:-/
                  Laurent

Comment

He has a new mistress
                    Eric Boer
                    Dev

Comment

zingzing!!!!