Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay camera types

Hey People

This might be me not hitting the right button, but I have noticed that i can render out all types of cameras (fish eye, spherical etc) using a standard camera, But i cannot do so with a VRay physical camera the only thing that distorts the render is adjusting the VRay physical camera distortion value which does not give me the desired effect.

I would like to be able to use the VRay physical camera for this, is it possible or is there a work around that still allows me to use the VRay camera and its properties as well.

Regards

Colin

Hi Colin,

It's probably too late for this reply, but I came across your post whilst looking for a solution to the same problem.

You can use the Vray physical camera to do this, but you have to cheat it. What I did was rotate my camera 180 degrees so it's facing the opposite way and gave it a wide angle lens (I used 10 for mine).

Next, I created a sphere in front of the camera and applied a 100% reflective material to it. The sphere should be quite close to the camera so it fills the view port. I then made sure it didn't cast or receive shadows and hit render.

The resulting output will need to be flipped in a Photoshop or similar but you should have a suitably fish eye distorted render

All the best,

Andy
    Thou shalt not kill clients - For they know not what they ask

www.mediastation.co.uk

Comment

Hey Andy

Thanks for the reply.

It is a bit late, but will try out the method anyway to see if it works. The acquisition of knowledge never ceases eh!

Cheers

Colin

Comment

Ah well, maybe it'll help someone else!

Cheers,

Andy
        Thou shalt not kill clients - For they know not what they ask

www.mediastation.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X