Problems downloading final version of 1.5 for Max7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems downloading final version of 1.5 for Max7

I've posted this in the announcement section but got no responce.

In the support section, whenever I try to download the Max7 version of VRay 1.5 I get a browser page with the message "Missing installation file" followd by a link that says "go to support section". Clicking on that link produces yet another brower page saying the page can't be found. I PM'ed Vlado but got no responce (perhaps still at Siggraph).

Anyone else having this download problem? The problem seems to be only with the Max70 download version.

Really looking forward to using the final version so any help would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise if there is a server issue, then I guess I'll have to wait tell Chaos fix it.

Ayoola

Well, you are lucky. I can't get connection to support page at all.
    I have two different account but neither of them works.
    I only get plank screen.

Maybe it's just too overloaded...

-LarsSon
    Lasse Kilpia
    VFX Artist
    Post Control Helsinki

Comment

Originally posted by LarsSonparsson
      Maybe it's just too overloaded...
      FYI, it seems fine for me. I just downloaded the max9 x64 version - page came up and downloaded without any real delays (maybe a couple of extra seconds).
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

The problem I mentioned before has nothing to do with either the Max8, Max9 or Max9 for 64bits. It is only with the Max7 version. Since I'm running 3DSmax7, the VRay 1.5 for Max7 is the only one that I'm downloading. I just wonder if anyone else who tried to download the Max7 version had similar problems.

Comment

Sorry, I was responding to Lars about the site being overloaded. I get the same problem if I try to download 7.
          www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Thanks. Sorry to hear you're having the same problem. Perhaps they will get it fixed soon. Can't wait to get my hands on the final version.

Comment

Could be totally off the mark here but don't max 6 7 and 8 plugins all work the same - surely you could just use the max 8 installer?

Comment

As I'm fairly new to this stuff, something like that was not obvious to me. I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the response.

Ayoola

Comment

There are slight differences in the installers AFAIK
                  However you might be lucky enough to get it to work.

Comment

I believe I did what was suggested but it didn't work. Downloaded Max8 version, intsalled it, and then tried to download the Max7 version. Still could not get it to work. In fact if I right click and select Save Target As, all that happens is I get a .htm file to save, no executable.

Comment

You should just click, not right-click-and-save the links. Also, which browser are you using? You can try a different one to see if it works.

The max7 version installer is exactly the same as the max8 version, so if you downloaded one, you do not need to download the other.

Best regards,
                      Vlado
                      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

You should just click, not right-click-and-save the links. Also, which browser are you using? You can try a different one to see if it works.

The max7 version installer is exactly the same as the max8 version, so if you downloaded one, you do not need to download the other.

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        Vlado

Actually, I have done both (click and right-click). Neither approach seems to work for me. Also, I have tried using IE6.0 and IE7.0 browser and still get the same error message.

I'm not sure I understand what you meant by the max7 and max8 version being the same. Are you suggesting that I download and install the max8 zip file and that will work for my version of 3DMax7 software? Or is the installer file spearate from the max7 or max8 .Zip file?

Comment

If you install the Max8 version, it'll work fine with your Max 7 version.
                          That's what he meant ^^
                          www.artbyarjan.com - Online portfolio (temporarily offline)
                          @home:
                          / AMD Phenom X4 @ 3.00Ghz / ATI HD 4890 / 8Gb Ram /
                          / Vista Ultimate x64 / Max 2010 / Vray 1.5 SP3a Edu /
                          @work:
                          / Intel Core2Quad Q9450 @ 2.66Ghz /
                          Nvidia Quadro FX 3700 / 8Gb Ram /
                          / Vista Bussines x64 /

Comment

DrJan

Thanks, I'll give that a try

Ayoola

Comment