Render To Texture: VRayLightingMap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render To Texture: VRayLightingMap

I'm trying to render out shadow/lighting information out to use in a baked texture environment. Not using VRay, rendering the Texture Element 'LightingMap' works perfectly, exactly what I want. But turning on Vray, and using VrayLightingMap, it renders out a diffuse map, not the base lighting/shadow information I need. What am I missing here? Thanks!

I believe the vrayrawlightingmap is what you want, but I am recovering from my last night at Siggy and am not entirely clear on anything.
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

Vrayrawlightingmap just renders out a completely black image. I'm still a bit confused over what I'm doing wrong, or if VRay is even able to bake this.

Thanks for any information!

Comment

What kind of materials are you using? What if you try this on a simple scene?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

It was done with standard textures. Should I convert these to VrayMtl? It was done on a pretty simple model

Comment

I tried it with VrayMtls and it worked! But right after it saves out the baked map, Max crashes. Is there a reason for this/am I doing something wrong?

Comment

What format are you saving to? Try .png and see if it works. If you still get a crash, you can try to send me your scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com and I'll see what may be wrong.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
              X