No announcement yet.

VRayProxy not working with 1.50.00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, only the number of the faces in the proxy preview in the viewport are added to the polygon count, not all the faces in the proxy itself.

This is because the VRayProxy now uses 3ds Max's own mesh drawing routines to display the proxy, to take advantage of the optimized viewports in 3ds Max 9 and later.

This has no effect whatsoever on memory usage for the final rendering, or on the time taken for the "transforming vertices" phase (which has nothing to do with actually transforming any vertices, but that's a different story).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
      This is because the VRayProxy now uses 3ds Max's own mesh drawing routines to display the proxy, to take advantage of the optimized viewports in 3ds Max 9 and later.
      Apparently this also has one other great viewport advantage, Vray Proxies now obey the "Display as Box" object/layer property. Yeah !!
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

oh goody, no more selecting proxys through their whole bounding area in screen space? thats been a silly annoyance for ages
        Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

All is ending well. I had to rerender the scene with some slight lighting and material changes. While I'm not sure how much time is associated with collapsing all of the uvw mapping and how much is credited to the new 1.50.00, but my rendering time went from 8 1/2 hours to 4 hours. That's with changing two of the glossy materials that make up about 60% of the image from 8 subdivisions to 12. Woo Hoo!

Comment

how cool is Chaos, aaron? I think pretty damn wicked cool, don't you? hehe
            Matt English
            Harper Perkins Architects / base2studios
            VizDepot.com Moderator
            AArch2008/VIZ2008/VRay ONE POINT (WHOOHOO) FIVE!!!

Comment

three cheers for Chaosgroup

Comment

Working...
              X