noise in mirror reflection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noise in mirror reflection

The problem is that the reflection is much more noisy that the room. What settings should I change to get rid of it? Im using universal setting. QMC , LC etc
    http://www.invisiblecities.co.uk

Can you show an image of this effect? My initial advice would be to lower the DMC adaptation amount a little bit.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado, btw, why new sampler is called DMC ? And why qmc set to brute force gi, as in earlier versions
      I just can't seem to trust myself
      So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
      ---------------------------------------------------------
      CG Artist

Comment

It comes from deterministic monte carlo. By default V-Ray no longer uses QMC sampling and this has been reflected in all parts of the UI where any references to QMC sampling have been replaced.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

btw: the new dmc seems to be 5% faster as the RCs in one of my latest scenes!!! not only for rendering, also for LC and IRR... and this in a free update!
          @vlado: have you done any benchmarks with typical scenes and can show some results?

btw 2nd: be carefull with setting the adaptive amount higher than .85 cause this can lead to a blotchy IRR! that thing costs me hours before I regonized it.
          @vlado: is there any way to avoid this (in SINGLE IRR mode and dmc)? I can sent you a pm with some examples to show the kind of blotches i get, if you want.

best regards

stefan

Stefan Kurz

www.StefanKurz3d.de

Comment

Working...
          X