displacement map jumping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• displacement map jumping

Has anyone had a problem with their displacement map jumping in an animation. I'm rendering on a farm and it seems like different machines are calculating the displace differently. All of the machines are identical. Any ideas?

i had jumping reflections when a part of the machines had 3d Max SP1 and other's didnt. They calculated different reflections. (Wich i found pretty odd btw lol)

Regards,
    Thorsten

Comment

No they're all upgraded and have the same version of everything. It's very strange for sure.

Comment

Can you shows us an image of the differences.

Maybe one is just not seeing the displacement map at all.

Comment

I can't show anything because of a NDA on this project.

Shouldn't the rendering fail if it can't find the bitmap?

I am storing the IR map and loading back in at render time, would that affect it?

The rendering does look like it going from no displace to displace, but the maps are sent with the job so it should have it. I've also notice it varies per machine. For instance on one render job a certain render machine will put out the bad frames and on the next job it works fine. It's very odd.

Right now the only solution I've come up with is to render on one machine. It's slow but it works perfectly.

Comment

in rc4 I've got a problem with DR and the slaves rendering slightly different positions on an animated object - fixed it by using instead back burner but its not 100% ideal.

i wont complain till ive had a chance to try 1.5
            WerT
            www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

It just sounds like its not getting proper access to the displacement file.. which is odd considering you mention it sometimes works and sometimes doesnt.

No it will keep rendering if it cant find the map. AFAIK

Try copying the displacement files locally to each of the render nodes and update the max file and see if that help.. me thinks it will.

Comment

Working...
              X