Bright areas blowing out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bright areas blowing out

I am having a problem with the bright areas in my image blowing out of range, as seen in the following region render:

Here are my settings:

I am basically going down the rendering technique suggested in cpnichols tutorial, where you use the QMC image sampler to control quality and speed. I am pretty much there (I think) but for this blowout problem. I am sure I used to be able to clear this up using clamp colours and sub pixel mapping, but it isn't helping this time. If I uncheck 'don't affect colours (adaotation only)' it seems to solve it, but then the image goes a lot brighter. I really want to have that option ticked so that I can stick to cpnichols suggestions.

Any ideas?

.......................ok, having previewed my message, the region render I uploaded looks just fine! I think I must have had the clamp colours button in the VFB turned on or something...nevermind!
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

lol, next time i'll read the edit first before trying to figure out what you mean looks fine indeed
    3DV - Ruud van Reenen
    www.3dv.nl

Comment

same her

Comment

lol I was also going to respond that it looked fine to me. So Ill just say it anyways!

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Working...
        X