Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rc3 scene chrashes in 1.5 final

Hi,

Has anyone had any trouble with scenes made with rc3 rendering in 1.5 final. We have several scenes (all form one project) that crash instantly when hitting the render button. Installing rc3 fixes the scene and everything is fine.

What could be causing ths problem?

Thanks,

Erik
    A full render queu is a thing of beauty !

hi

we were on RC5 but have the same problem .... max will just vanish for no reason... even just sitting idle !

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=20483
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Erik,
      This happened to us and I traced it to the new 'Auto' dynamic memory mode. Check to see if you're using that and switch it to dynamic instead.

Natty,
      I have noticed that when I open an older file and get the warning about the new sun/sky/cameras, if I don't click a button quickly, my max will crash to the desktop. So, sometimes I forget and click open and walk away only to find max gone when I come back to my desk. Could be what you're experiencing?

Comment

mmm ... hasnt helped .. but thanks
        Natty
        http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Hi Natty,

I saw your post about this but here max doesn't crash random, just with this particular scene when you try to render it.

As soon as i get to the office on monday i will try to switch to dynamic mode and see what happens, but since this is an excisting scene i think it is already set to static and not auto. But i will check monday.

Thanks,

Erik

Comment

Gilpo,

I just looked and it was already set to static, switching to dynamic didn't change anything. It is just in this project that this is happening, other scenes render just fine.

Maybe some other suggestions?

Comment

rc3 to 1.5 problem on render

Hello everyone. I am a recent vray user and new to this forums.

I had a problem with a couple of scenes that I created on rc3. They would crash as soon as I hit render, with an unhandled exception message in the vray window.

I tracked the problem to a loft object that had no path spline and no shape spline.....deleted and now my scenes are working.

Hope this helps.

Andres

Comment

I had a problem with a rc3 scene where it would just hang when I hit render. It worked after I converted everything in the scene to edit-poly. Perhaps it was the modifier stacks that were causing the problem for me.

Comment

is there a problem with rendering splines?

is there a problem with rendering splines?

Comment

Re: rc3 scene chrashes in 1.5 final

Originally posted by Erik de Graaf
                    Has anyone had any trouble with scenes made with rc3 rendering in 1.5 final. We have several scenes (all form one project) that crash instantly when hitting the render button. Installing rc3 fixes the scene and everything is fine.
                    If you can get me one of these scenes to vlado@chaosgroup.com, I will be able to tell you more. For testing V-Ray, we have a bunch of scenes created with various 3ds Max and V-Ray versions, and they all rendered fine with the final 1.5 build, but there may be something specific in your case that we have missed.

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

You've got mail

Comment

I've got a bunch of RC3 files that crash with unhandled exceptions too. One file I managed to track the problem down to lines that had "Enable In Render" turned on. I applied a sweep modifer to all the renderable splines and now it renders fine. I sent Vlado another problem file. I'm not sure if its renderable splines or something else. If I create a new scene with renderable splines I don't have problems, just the older RC3 files are giving me fits.

Comment

Hmmm... I just went through 13 XREF RC3 files for a project that wasn't rendering with 1.5. Every file that had renderable splines crashed when rendedring. When I applied a sweep modifer to them all, they render just fine. Now the project renders without any problems.

Comment

There is definitely a problem with the splines; it should be easy to correct though. Thanks to everyone who sent a crash scene!

Best regards,
                            Vlado
                            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                            X