Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excluding an object from a vray light

Hi,

Ive created a lampshade and put a vray light inside. This light is purely for visual effect and not for lighting the scene. I have created another vray light outside the lamp to light the scene but need to exclude the lampshade from it.

I have tried clicking on exclude in the light rollout but it doesnt work..any ideas ?

Thanks

steve
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

just installed sp1, and noticed the same problem, although with me it only occurs within groups;

that is if I group an object I cannot "exclude" it within vray light

any help?

ps- winxp64, max2008 64, vray 1.5sp1 64

Comment

Steve, by "it doesnt work" what do you mean more exactly? The Include/Exclude window does not show when you click the button? Or it shows, but the object is still illuminated by the light, even if you exclude it?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

well, here the object remains illuminated by the vray light, although it is not consistent?!, sometimes a group gets the light, others it don't, but as for the include/exclude windows and select buttons, it's all ok,

on second thought maybe it's a group within group problem, because I've ungrouped my object, and have other groups inside it, but now it works!

Comment

Working...
        X