Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay light units

Hey people

Is it me? it could be me, but when i have a scene with VRay Physical Cam and I set my VRay lights to say 1700lm which is the equivalent of a 100w bulb, I do not get any light.

I have to really ramp them up. Has anyone encountered this?

Colin

set your lights to physically accurate, then expose your phys cam correctly.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

everything seems to work fine here. maybe your scene is not scaled correctly?

Comment

I have my scene in metersthe camera appears to be exposed correctly because all the light from the daylight system which is left at default appears to be fine, including the light coming throught the windows.

I now have some recessed lights set to 1700lm and nothing happens.

Hey percy, not sure what you mean by "physically accurate", I have checked and unchecked "use 3dsmax photometric scale" and nada.

ies lights are fine, but I want to use VRay lights.

Also I noticed that with VRay sun/sky using the daylight system, The sky never goes black. I assume that if you setup your scene with the default settings ie creat a daylight system and VRay physicam, you get a pretty good afternoon shot. Now if you dial up the time to say 23:00hrs it should go black
        without having to adjust your camera, as the aperture is set for a really bright scene.???

I think I will go grab some lunch, and maybe the gremlins will go

Comment

Originally posted by GALACTUS
          Also I noticed that with VRay sun/sky using the daylight system, The sky never goes black. I assume that if you setup your scene with the default settings ie creat a daylight system and VRay physicam, you get a pretty good afternoon shot. Now if you dial up the time to say 23:00hrs it should go black without having to adjust your camera, as the aperture is set for a really bright scene.???
          Vlado has mentioned that the sun/sky computations are not correct once the sun goes below the horizon. I believe this is a basic limitation of the Preetham sky model used (http://www.cs.utah.edu/vissim/papers/sunsky/).
          www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Ahh!

Thanks dlparisi for "heads up"

Comment

darn it cant vlado program in a couple billion balls of gas and fire a few million light years away from the 0,0,0 origin which will show up in different patters depending on the time of year and location on the surface of the earth? and make them physically correct. doesnt seem like too much to ask for if you ask me. ooooh and if your way up north and there is a magnetic solar storm then some northern lights would be cool too. surely this can be added to the vray sky right?

---------------------------------------------------
              MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
              stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Heh heh

Comment

Working...
                X