Gamma correction, outputing images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamma correction, outputing images

Sooooooo..... when working with VFB and when you're altering the gamma, how do you save an image properly? I have my gamma and LUT settings in max set to 2.2, input and output as well. In vray, i'm working with VFB and i've set my gamma in the color mapping tab to 2.2 as well.

When i save the images, they are really washed out, the 8 bit ones i have to bring down by the same gamma value, while the .exr, seem like they've been corrected twice, but even when i apply the same gamma twice it's still a little bit different than the tif for example.

It seems to work fine if i override the output gamma to 1.0, but the .exr is still washed out.

What am i doing wrong? Should i keep my gamma in the color mapping tab on 1, and then have the show in srgb option ticked in the VFB?
    Dusan Bosnjak
    http://www.dusanbosnjak.com/

Leave your output gamma at 1. If your using the vray VFB and a gamma of 2.2 in the color mapping jpg's and tiff's will save correctly. If your using a color mapping gamma of 1, save out to .exr's and don't override the exponent value and everything should save correctly.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Working...
    X