can't get past Transforming Vertices on multiple machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't get past Transforming Vertices on multiple machines

I seem to be getting this really annoying error all the time now - it used to be once or twice, but is now way more obvious and now almost every fricking time!

It's not specific to one scene.
    It's not specific to one machine.

The scene just won't get past transforming vertices stage when rendered locally, but will through backburner.

I kept having this a hell of a lot, so got into the habit of saving my scene before rendering. As expected, it would hang, so i would restart max and it would render ok, but now it seems to not render at all!

I can't do all my rendering through backburner!

Anyone else getting this or noticed this?

Vray 1.50.00
    Max 9 64 bit

Dual Quad Xeon E5345 with Nvidia GeForce GTX 8800
    and a Dual Dual Xeon with a Nvidia graphics card also......

It may be useful to take a look at the V-Ray log files on the machines at this moment; it may contain some pointers as to what is happening.

Otherwise, I have had this with 64-bit 3ds Max (32-bit seems ok) occasionally, even on very very simple scenes (e.g. a sphere); it went away after restarting 3ds Max. I'm still keeping an eye for it, but I suspect that it doesn't have much to do with V-Ray itself.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

yep, that sounds about right - it does go away after restarting max, i think this scene is just a really hefty one and is causing a lot of problems.

I've looked through the Log's, but don't see too much going wrong. All seems to close itself down ok, even though it's crashing, but then presumably because Vray closes expectedly, it's max that is not and there the error lies.......

hmmm.......64 bit is just needed though on this one......

Comment

Hi guys,

I am experianceing a similar problem. I am rendering out a walkthrough and the light cache goes fine, but when I change my settings to then compute the irrandience map it just gets stuck on transforming vertices.

I would try this on 32 bit 3ds max but to be honest, I will not be able to even render the sequence out, I NEED 64bit.

I feel like throwing the system out of the window, everything has been fine all through the project, rendering stills was fine, but now with the walkthrough the thing has fallen apart. I am on a tight deadline and I am now worried that I willl not even get a single animation out in time.

Comment

What is different for the settings between the light cache rendering and the final one?

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I have moved the resources and max files onto my desktop and then merged the 'broken' file into a fresh max file and it seems to be working now.

I will put it all back onto the network once I have computed my lc and im.

I will keep you updated.
            Thanks.

Comment

I'm getting this allot since 1.5 final.

Restarting max does nothing, usually have to restart the machine.
              In fact, there seems to be no way to cancel the render, its just stuck with one core at 100% forever.

Textures in the editor render fine, so it cant be the dongle?
              WerT
              www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Update time...

It now works. I don't know what I did or didn't do, but it works. I have it rendering out frames through backburner quite happily.

I asked I.T. if they were doing any maintenance last night on the server and they said that they had run a defrag on the file server and exchange server. Realistically I don't see that being the cause of the problem.

I think more than likely the problem was resolved by merging the broken file in another clean max file a couple of times.

There should be a repair tool in 3ds max like there is in AutoCAD.

Thanks for your help everyone. I am just happy it is now working.

Comment

Working...
                X