vray lights "store with irradience map"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray lights "store with irradience map"

If you switch from Irradience map to brute force as main GI engine, and you have "store with irradience map" on your vray lights, the lights does not show in the first gi pass...

Its not a bug i guess, but it would be nice if when you change to brute force, it would override this option in the vray light..

-Tom

Agree, imo the check should be ignored if you don't use irradiance map.

Comment

Use my script (vraylightMonkey) to mass turn them off.
      It's not THAT easy as just switching them back to direct mode, as when they are embedded in the IRMap you'll want the subdivs to be MUCH higher than normal (64-128 or thereabout) which would be overkill in direct mode.

Me, i'd rather they stayed as they are now, thanks
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^
        Use my script (vraylightMonkey) to mass turn them off.
        It's not THAT easy as just switching them back to direct mode, as when they are embedded in the IRMap you'll want the subdivs to be MUCH higher than normal (64-128 or thereabout) which would be overkill in direct mode.

Me, i'd rather they stayed as they are now, thanks
        MAybe I am missunderstanding what you are saying here, but does the samples value in the vraylight matter when "store with irradience map" is on?

If so this is totally news for me..

-Tom

Comment

Yep, the subdivs matter. After all, the light is calculated normally before it is saved in the map.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something but, the intensity you get in bruteforce with 'store with irradiance map' checked is incorrect, while if you ignore the check box in bruteforce the lights produce the same intensity in all cases, behaving in a more predictable way, which IMHO is the desirable way.

If you have the lights subdivs very high, you still can use VrayLight Monkey to change them

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
              Yep, the subdivs matter. After all, the light is calculated normally before it is saved in the map.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              hmm. that explains alot.. I think this info should be included in the help files, I was thinking that the hsp subdivs overrided the samples in the vraylight..

-Tom

Comment

simple plane, one light, one box.

Check the quality of the contact shadow with different IRMap settings and default subdivs, and with different subdivs and same irmap settings.
                Lele
                Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                ----------------------
                emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Actually I have had some slight splotches problems in my latest project that I never could get rid of, I am suspectiing now that my "store with irradience map" vraylights are the problems..
                  Will do testing to find out for sure...

-Tom

Comment

Working...
                  X