Distributed texture bake problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed texture bake problem

My company just got a sick new renderfarm and testing it out by throwing a giant (3200x3200) texture-bake job at it. Only problem is that my computer that I'm sending the job from is rendering it's buckets differently. It kinda looks looks like mine is set to a different color map mode than the other computers. Any idea why? Yes, the farm is loading all the bitmaps properly.

Thanks!
    - Geoff

Does this happen on other scenes as well, or just that one?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I haven't checket yet. It does a distrubuted render from the camera on this scene just fine, it's just when I R2T the thing that problems happen.
      - Geoff

Comment

Ok; it works fine on simple tests here, so not quite sure what may be causing it.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Also, I would be quite happy if I could find a way to remove my computer from the render since it only has one processor. Is there a way to do that?
          - Geoff

Comment

Is there a way to remove my computer from the render?
            - Geoff

Comment

Ok, it turns out that the problem was that my computer had trouble loading the 9,000 pixel-wide, intricately detailed, carpet bitmap and just chose not to load it before rendering. So the floor -from my computer's perspective- was middle gray, making the room much brighter.
              - Geoff

Comment

Working...
              X