diffuse falloff with shadow light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diffuse falloff with shadow light

If I try to use an falloff map in the diffuse slot on a vray material, with the faloff set to shadow/light the shading gets all screwed up, this happens also If I try to blend two vray materials with the same falloff..

Is this a bug, or is it a "feature"?

-Tom

Seems like a bug but a quick workaround seems to be to use the shadow/light falloff map as the mix map in a mix material. Works fine here in 1.5 Final.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

In general, V-Ray will not work properly with the Shadow/Light mode of the Falloff texture...

best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

i use the shadow light setting for when im doing fake caustics in my pool and it works fine but i use it in the diffuse slot as a mix mask. it takes some tweeking when using vray sun due to the fact that shadow and light are way more blown out than the scale can handle but ive found my ways around it

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
          In general, V-Ray will not work properly with the Shadow/Light mode of the Falloff texture...

best regards,
          Vlado
          I understand that using this kind of faloff probably are not physical correct, but the broblem is that I have been using this for faking sss, Is there a way to "fix" this so vray would handle this better?

-Tom

Comment

I used to have all kinds of shaders that used the shadow/light falloff type as well. They all had to be essentially shelved. It was a sad day.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Originally posted by winberg
              I understand that using this kind of faloff probably are not physical correct, but the broblem is that I have been using this for faking sss, Is there a way to "fix" this so vray would handle this better?
              Unfortunately, no; V-Ray counts heavily on materials being physically correct and many optimizations will not work otherwise.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
              X