estimated time weirdness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• estimated time weirdness

I just installed the sp1, and there seems to be something weird going on with the rendering progress tab when doing dr.
    what happens here is the elapsed time goes on correctly, while the estimated one goes crazy shortly after the beginning of the rendering. it ends up saying that the estimate is less than the elapsed, like 5 minutes passed and 2 minutes estimated.
    it only does that in dr, otherwise it works perfectly.

I know it's not much of a problem, but still.. anyone else has seen this?

Yep; we found this out, but it was considered a minor issue to delay further the SP, as there were more serious issues that need to be resolved.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

definitely not an issue, was just checking if it was only me. thanks for the quick answer vlado.

Comment

This was there before sp1
        www.gaell.com

Comment

i just noticed this too... doesnt bother me a whole lot though.
          WerT
          www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

as it should be.
            In a frame you may have buckets skipping by quickly (eg. when on the sky) and buckets sitting there for a long time (glossy inter-reflections, SSS, and so on).
            It's nigh impossible to determine in bucket mode.
            It can be a lot safer to use when doing PPT renders, due to the nature of the sampling (ie. a shading rate of 1 will be a hundredth of the time length of shading rate 100).
            Lele
            Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
            ----------------------
            emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Well, the correctness of the time estimate is one thing, the progress going past 100% is another It is a minor oversight on my part, I hope it is not too much trouble for now. It will be corrected for future updates, of course.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

oh lol, didn't think it did that, my bad.
                Lele
                ----------------------

Disclaimer:
                The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^
                  It's nigh impossible to determine in bucket mode.
                  definitely, an estimate it's what it is, no problem there. what caught my attention was the fact that my estimates in dr were telling me that renderings would have taken less than the already elapsed time to finish, and the status bar was already at 100% when the rendering wasn't even halfway through
                  but as Vlado says it is really a very minor thing, I should have opened this thread in the nitpicking section of the forum, not the problems one.

Comment

Originally posted by rivoli
                    I should have opened this thread in the nitpicking section of the forum, not the problems one.
                    Lmao, plenty posts would end up in there.
                    There should also be a section titled "Issues between keyboard and chair", and i guess a "DaForce-type time wasters".
                    Doubting people would use them properly, though, mods would have their hands full.
                    Lele
                    ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

There should also be a section titled "Issues between keyboard and chair"
                      I'd definitely fall in this one, the dreaded clueless user.

Comment

nd i guess a "DaForce-type time wasters".
                        double that!
                        Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
                        nuno@ene-digital.com
                        00351 917593145

Comment

Working...
                        X