Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant use DR with secondary PC

Hi all

i got some real problem for me : i got viz 2006 on two pcs with one stand alone licence of vray and viz and on second one i got netrendering instalation of viz and DR licence of vray,
    well got all other plugins in plugin folder at both PCs and the same instalation of viz and vray too (vray is 1.5 sp1) . Everything going ok BUT when it comes to render pass, only primary PC buckets is visiable, for all that ,secondary PC is working too ,BUT when rendering is finished i got the same render time like on primary pc only ( so secondary pc is working ,but not helping with render of scene ).

So what i am doing wrong here ?

BTW : all maps i got on secondary pc , in viz directory ( when not, secondary pc refuse receiving scene )

as usually sorry for my english .....

Sorry for the stupid question, but how is the VRaySpawner acting on the secondary PC ?

Best regards,
    nikki Candelero
    .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

2Candelero :

well

when i start vray spawner,(on sec. pc ) it starts normally , runs dummy file and wait for a next command,
      vray log showing sending scene to secondary pc in brown letters and notify me render is starting , then ( i using LC + dmc ) runs LC pass but when comes render pass i see only bucket from primary pc (i disabled it in DR chart, only sec. pc is there, that was only test for sec . PC if is working or not )
      Last edited by Janosik; 29-11-2007, 07:15 AM.

Comment

This might be a long shot, but can this be related to that your primary PC finishes the render before your secondary could even finish the LC pass?
        LC calculation can't be distributed yet, as far as I know, and it is not distributed among nodes if any of them finishes before the others

I told you, this might be a really long shot, but we had this "issue" here, and had some laughs when we tried to help out out quadcores with some of the older machines - 805Ds - hehe

best regards,

A.
        credit for avatar goes here

Comment

2 Aldaryn : thats the question !

i know LC is not distridutable, but you think lc is calcutaling on 1 st and on 2 nd pc too ?
          I have really simillar pc s so i think it might be finished head by head ( lc pass ), but from start DR ,2 nd pc is running by half of his calculating power ( 50 percent ) maybe this is is the problem, but when i leave render going farther, sec pc never bring his bucket to vray frame buffer . Maybe i look over some plugin to copy to sec pc .

I try small scene with one plane ( textured ) and 6 teapots and DR was ok ,8 ( 4+4 ) buckets was running on the screen .

PS : i can put here vray log text ,maybe this bring litlle more shine to this case. But need to know where i can find this text logged ?

Comment

You're saying that when tested on a siple scene, everything works as expected, this would indicate that it could be related to the LC after all. Try your original scene without LC, and see what happens.

If you're running DR, VRay will start to compute LC on all nodes, If you have visual feedback, maybe you could just turn on show calc phase, and see for your self on you 2nd node.

best regards,

A.
            credit for avatar goes here

Comment

2 Aldaryn :

well

i got some progress in my trouble ,so i am able now, to render image by DR ( with second pc too ) BUT i got another problem with cpu usage of second pc ( is about 50 percent max ). So i am able to finish image quicker than before ( only with one pc ) but roughly about 20 percent quicker ,so i think is lower than i am using backburner .

Comment

Working...
              X