reflection bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reflection bug

I have no idea what is going on in my scene right now...

Attached is 3 images... first image is IR map set to medium...

second image is brute force

and third image is brute force with black background, black environment.

No hint of a image file anywhere in the scene that could be creating this effect. The material itself has zero reflection / refraction - so its almost like its being projected onto the wall. Problem is there is no GI environment, no reflection / refaction map, a plain blue colour for the sky light.
    Attached Files
    WerT
    www.dvstudios.com.au

here it is with gi off:

its a single frame ir map, not a saved file...
    any ideas of where its magically coming from?
    WerT
    www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Is your environment set to screen mode?
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

Yup, if you background image is screen mapped, GI will just print it on your image. It's pretty logical, if you consider how screen mapping and GI works.

Better have your BG image on a plane far from the scene.

best regards,

A.
        credit for avatar goes here

Comment

from what i can see of the sky behind the building and the image mapped onto the structure im guessing that image isnt hjis background image. its something else wrong

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Ad ome light set to "store with irrmap" with a texture maybe ? just a shot in the dark.

Regards,
            Thorsten

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf View Post
              from what i can see of the sky behind the building and the image mapped onto the structure im guessing that image isnt hjis background image. its something else wrong
              OK, it is the map in his environment override slot that is set to screen. ?
              Eric Boer
              Dev

Comment

okay guys, good suggestions all round, and i checked out everything you mentioned

the environment over ride was set to vray sky map... so that isn't the problem and the background is definitely a different image, and it was set to screen, however setting it to a normal texture for the purpose of a test didn't change the result.

there is only one light, vray sun so no option to store with ir map that i could see.

I've just identified the texture.... its the grass texture! which i use in environment mode...
                Last edited by werticus; 03-12-2007, 08:28 AM.
                WerT
                www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

okay if i change that texture, or turn the ground plane off environment screen mode, it fixes the problem: however why the hell is the ground plane texture spilling over to the rest of the image? ... its... a bug for sure?
                  WerT
                  www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

if i change the vray properties on the ground plane to:

'not generate gi'

then it also fixes the problem and lets me use the ground plane with a environment map to get a nice grass...

thanks for all your help everyone its solved
                    Last edited by werticus; 03-12-2007, 08:34 AM.
                    WerT
                    www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Working...
                    X