No announcement yet.

save of .exr with 1.5SP1 still clamped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• save of .exr with 1.5SP1 still clamped?

Hi all,

today I tried to save directly to an .exr-File out of vray. but I get a clamped image!

When I render to .vrimg and then convert to .exr I get what i want.

Have I done something wrong? I used the "render to vray raw image file" in the vray frame buffer and changed the extension as mentioned in the online help.

Thought this has been corrected in one of the RCs... Maybe I missed something, stupid as I am...

Max 2008 with Vray 1.5 SP1

Thanks for any tips

Stefan

Stefan Kurz

www.StefanKurz3d.de

How do you do the direct saving?

There are several methods for saving .exr images out of V-Rray:
    1) You specified an .exr file the Common tab of the Render scene dialog as the Output file;
    2) You specified an .exr file in the "Render to raw image file" option of the V-Ray VFB;
    3) You specified an .exr file in the "Save separate render channels" option of the V-Ray VFB;
    4) You specified an .exr file when you clicked the "Save image" button in the V-Ray VFB;
    5) You specified an .exr file when you clicked the "Save image" button in the 3ds Max VFB;

On a quick test I did in 3ds Max 8 on my laptop, the first four methods worked fine with SP1 producing un-clamped output. The 5th method will clamp the output though.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    Last edited by vlado; 04-12-2007, 02:19 PM.
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Sorry Vlado,

was my fault! premultiplied (with white) was on by default in the composite software. After deactivating everything is as it should. Sometimes I should have a closer look, before start crying...

Stefan Kurz

www.StefanKurz3d.de

Comment

Working...
      X