Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems installing 1.5 sp1

ok i give in
    were installing sp1 onto the render servers and it basically comes up with the standard missing vray plugins bla bla bla when trying to render. the plugins are in the correct folders after install

using max2008 64bit. vray 2008 64bit
    remote server

our max licenses work fine finding the dongles

ive tried installing rendernode and full install and still no dice

any ideas.
    if i use 1.50 it works fine

the vray server uses 1.5 sp1

any help would be great
    oh yeah ive uninstalled and rebooted and reinstalled to try and get it to work

check your ini's maybe. found in:
    C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\3dsmax\2008 - 32bit\enu

maybe your plugin path is incorrect or something ?
    My Homepage : http://www.pixelstudio.nl

Comment

Check the plugin.ini file in the root folder of 3ds Max (not the one in Document and Settings etc) and make sure that the line about additional V-Ray plugins is the last one.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

already done that

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        Check the plugin.ini file in the root folder of 3ds Max (not the one in Document and Settings etc) and make sure that the line about additional V-Ray plugins is the last one.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        yup checked the plugin.ini file all good there but not the 32bit enu folder
        theres certainly some strange things going on in 64bit max where as max 32bit just seems to work fine.

Comment

do a search for all plugin.ini files,
          then make sure the 64bit plugin.ini points to the right directory with the 64bit vrayplugins directory
          same goes for 32 bit
          My Homepage : http://www.pixelstudio.nl

Comment

Hi Jacob,

Are you using XP64 or Vista? If your using Vista have you tried installing the vray sp1 exe file from your desktop by right clicking and choosing run as Administrator?

Chris.
            ------------------
            Chris Townsend

Lucid Image
            www.lucidimage.com.au

Comment

xp64 and im local admin on all computers
              the plugin.ini points to the right folder and the files are there.

1.500 works fine! so im really confused

Comment

Then you can try to uninstall the 1.5 version, make sure all v-ray plugins (from the "vrayplugins" folder) are also removed, and then install the service pack. If that still does not work, can you email me your plugin.ini file from the root folder of 3ds Max to me at vlado@chaosgroup.com so that I can take a look?

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                X