Vray Sun and Fog issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Sun and Fog issue

We are having a Vray Sun and Fog issue. With the Sun visible the Sun projects through the fog and into the foreground of an image. This happens only with Fog on, but having to turn it off (Making the Sun Invisible) is a real pain to get water reflections right.
    Cheers
    Mike K
    Two heads are better than one ...
    ....but some head is better than none.....

You can use a separate sky for the background that has the sun visibility turned off.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

We have tried this but it's hard to get the right look in the reflection of the water I am using.....

Comment

Well for the reflections you can use a sky map with the sun visible.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

We have tried that to but found it a little buggy, what is the cause of this, it's annoying to have to work with the VRAY sun when doing sunsets and we are also finding the VRAY sun causes a lot of issues with glossy reflections, mainly over brights and flickers. Turning the VRAY sun off seems to fix all these issues, but would it not be easier to fix these issues instead of having to work around them? I am guessing there is an under lying max issue that is causing this though......
          Cheers
          Mike Kennedy

Comment

The bright spots are not bugs as such; they are typically related to glossy reflections of (glossy) reflections that hit the sun, which is very very bright.

We are however, working on some method that would allow V-Ray to recognize and suppress these effects.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Working...
            X