Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray bug or max bug

Hello guys,

I have been working on a private project and couple days ago i began experiencing some weird behaviour in max using vray 1.5

What happened is in random occasions the render would be completely white or have absolutely no shadow in it at all... i just couldn't figure out what caused it and so i returned to a couple saves earlier when the render was still ok.

Tonight i found out what was causing the problem while i was experimenting with lighting in my scene. When i hide the lights using the normal hide selection etc or just hiding the lights itself in 3dmax using the checkboxes it seams the lighting is gone in total..... the render has no shadows any more and everything is flatly lighted like the normal max lighting. When i unhided the lights in my scene the render would render normaly again.

I was wondering if anybody know of problems like these because its a first for me with vray or max.

If requested i can post images of this but i just wanted to ask if you know of it first.

Hope to hear from you guys....

Greets,

Niels Sinke

It is possible that you have disabled the "Render hidden lights" option in the Global switches rollout of V-Ray?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hey Vlado,

Thank you for the help on this... never mischecked that box before when unchecking the default light checkbox It's working like normal again so everything is good now... thanks

Greets,

Niels Sinke

Comment

Working...
      X