VRayLights casting shadows as if they are objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayLights casting shadows as if they are objects

Hi... I have a problem, been looking through the forums but haven't found an answer... I'm using 1.5 RC5 for a couple of projects that have taken wayyyy too long to complete and thus I don't wanna risk going to a new build and botch anything up. The problem is that vraylights seem to cast shadows as if they were objects in the scene, if I for instance place a light an inch away from the ceiling so it will light up a room, I get a nice dark rectangle in the shape of the light, on the ceiling surface as if it were blocking the GI from getting to that surface. Is there any way to correct this without going to a newer build??

Best regards,

Jorge Schwarzhaupt

Try checking off "invisible" in the vraylight options.
    Derik Bibb
    Architectural Visualizer

TANGRAM 3DS
    International 3D & Design Solutions

Comment

I have, they are set to invisible, i've played with affect specular, diffuse, reflection without result. I've changed every setting I can think of but it still doesn't work.

Best regards,

Jorge

Comment

Any chance you're using a vraydirt map on the ceiling material? Invisible lights will occlude surfaces just like normal geometry for the dirtmap, they will not however cast shadows.
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

AHA!! There it is! I Never would've thought about this... Thanks so much for the tip!

Jorge

Comment

As an aside, I would like to know if this is also the case for SP1, if it is, i guess i'd request this be fixed because in my opinion it doesn't make sense that the lights occlude geometry, especially if they're invisible...

Best regards,

Jorge

Comment

Yes, still the same in SP-1. You can fix this however by checking "Work with transparency" in the VRayDirt settings, although I'm not sure if this is in earlier builds.
              www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Working...
              X