Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray licence server is crashing Max

Hi, just a small annoying thing...

We get our V-ray licences from server. When the server is down (for restart or some other reason) and I open the material editor in Max, it all freeze over. The only solution is to force-shutdown the app with the TaskManager... a bit annoying when you have not saved for a while :P

We use Max 9 and latest V-ray

Chris

It is not frozen, you just need to wait long enough for all the ME slots to timeout (this can be quite long though). There is no easy way around this - V-Ray cannot have an idea if the license server is down, or if there is some temporary network problem. We could probably add some optimization for the material editor though, so that if it fails the first time, it should fail for all other ME slots without re-trying to obtain a license.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

nice

Originally posted by vlado View Post
      We could probably add some optimization for the material editor though, so that if it fails the first time, it should fail for all other ME slots without re-trying to obtain a license
      That would be nice if its not to much work. With big scenes and a lot of materials it takes 20-30 min.

Christoffer

Comment

Working...
      X