Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• really stupid backgroud question

ok, i know i should know this, but i dont

so, i am putting a sky background in the environment channel and I have closed off every light and GI lighting and basically i am getting a bleed across the entire image in the colors of the background image, rather than the rendering appearing over the image, almost like as if someone took a copy of the image an placed it as a adjustment layer over the image

its totally weird, can someone basically explain to me the "correct" way to composite a 3ds max model onto a background, to get a "environmental" feel andhave artificial lighting as well

THANKS! this is drivign me nuts

If you have turned off your lights, meaning your sun, your Vray sky is not going to work properly.
    "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

ok, think i figured it out, jumped the gun on that

thanks anyway

Comment

I am getting a similar effect. I place an image in the environment map and when I render the scene, it faintly appears on top of the rendering. how did you resolve your problem tptnshp?

Comment

Originally posted by sduck View Post
          I am getting a similar effect. I place an image in the environment map and when I render the scene, it faintly appears on top of the rendering. how did you resolve your problem tptnshp?
          This will always happen when the background is set to "screen" mode, sort of like lighting your scene with a movie projector.
          Eric Boer
          Dev

Comment

Yup, by default the environment map will be used as a source for global illumination.

You can put a VraySky or HDRI-sky in the GI-Environment(skylight) override slot in Vray settings to correct this. You might want to put it in the reflection/refraction override as well, to have the sky properly reflected on your model.
            3DV - Ruud van Reenen
            www.3dv.nl

Comment

Thanks RErender and ruud3dv. That did the trick.

Comment

Working...
              X