Why can't I save my render????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't I save my render????

I really need help here... I started a render last night before I left work. The render took over 8 hours to render. I just came in this morning for work and the render is finished as expected BUT I can't save it! It's sitting there on my screen, I had checked the save file option (to save it as a tga) but the finished render is not in the specified folder. When I try to save the frame buffer I get the "cannot create bitmap error"! Man this really sucks.
    Is there any other option I can try? I really need that image. By the way the image is 5000x3330 pixels

Thanks for the help

Not sure what you can do now, but try DR via BB next time, or strip rendering.
    "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

any errors in the VrayLog?

Comment

I found a long and tedious solution... I had to printscreen section by section and assemble it back in photoshop. The pain of it was that I lost the alpha channel. Took me 1:30 hour to do all that. Believe me next time i'll render in strips or vrimg. Thanks for the help anyway, it's very appreciated.

And by the way, there was no errors in the v-ray log

Comment

This has happened to me b4,
          http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...ghlight=bitmap
          and it is related to memory or lack thereof

There are a few solutions on this site, I have tried both using Backburner (split into strips) and also as a Vrimg which was then converted back into a tga, If your image was just 1024*768 it would probably save.

Rgds,
          Tom
          Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

Comment

sometime when you copy it to the max frame buffer you can better save it.
            If nothing is possible so you can print screen and rebuild it in photoshop.
            =:-/
            Laurent

Comment

We have modified the V-Ray VFB now for the next release so that it allocates memory in smaller chunks, rather than in big blocks. Hopefully this will reduce the occurrence of this particular problem.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Andreg, you should always save directly into a file if you're rendering in such high resolutions, now that you can also save into a tiled exr format, it's pretty convinient too. And not only you gain free ram, this method has another advantage too. If your render stops for any reason, you will still be able to recover the finished buckets. Saved us a few times in the past from a complete re rendering of a really large image.

Best regards,

A.
                credit for avatar goes here

Comment

maybe a sort of warning message that pops up when you click the render button using very big sizes (more than 3000px); something like the one that apperas when you use render region forgetting to disable the net render checkbox.
                  It could be useful to prevent this kind of issues

my 2 cents
                  Alessandro

Comment

write to raw vray image file and then open that in a new max window with file view image.

and then save as something else to allow you to render much larger resolutions.
                    WerT
                    www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

@Aldaryn

Tiled exr format?

How du you do that? - I can´t find that option

Preisler
                      Preisler

www.3dpixel.dk
                      www.linkedin.com/in/3dpixel

Comment

in the save raw file editbox simply change the extension from .vrimg to .exr then it saves out an exr.

Regards,
                        Thorsten

Comment

@instinct

I only have the option to save as vrimg format - I guess it´s because we have´t upgraded to ver. 5.1

Preisler
                          Preisler

www.3dpixel.dk

Comment

it's not an option to check or switch. simply change the extension manually.

Regards,
                            Thorsten

Comment

@instinct

Got it! Thanks

Preisler
                              Preisler

www.3dpixel.dk

Comment

Working...
                              X