Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misaligned buckets

Hi,

i am rendering on max 2008 64bit with vray s1.5p1 with DR on 5 computers and getting vertically misaligned buckets on some renderings. It is happening on two different projects and it only started happening few weeks ago. I've rendered thousands of frames of both projects in the past with exactly the same setup without any problems. It is not that same node will render incorectly, but it is rather random thing.

Restarting rendering usually solves the problem, but restarting is not an option when rendering sequence of images. I usually wait to see if first image will render correctly but then sometime it starts ok and then after few frames it starts rendering wrong buckets and after that goes back to render ok.

Did anyone have similar problem?
    Thanks

Originally posted by pascalls View Post
    Hi,

i am rendering on max 2008 64bit with vray s1.5p1 with DR on 5 computers and getting vertically misaligned buckets on some renderings. It is happening on two different projects and it only started happening few weeks ago. I've rendered thousands of frames of both projects in the past with exactly the same setup without any problems. It is not that same node will render incorectly, but it is rather random thing.

Restarting rendering usually solves the problem, but restarting is not an option when rendering sequence of images. I usually wait to see if first image will render correctly but then sometime it starts ok and then after few frames it starts rendering wrong buckets and after that goes back to render ok.

Did anyone have similar problem?
    Thanks
    Hello

We have the same problem with splited renders...
    Sometime we a have a little difference between to strip that are not aligned.

It's not a problem with GI !!!

It's just a problem of misaligned stripe...

Best regards.
    My Flickr

Comment

Yes, that is not the GI problem as both prepasses look ok on the screen. This is something that is happening during final rendering.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by pascalls View Post
        Yes, that is not the GI problem as both prepasses look ok on the screen. This is something that is happening during final rendering.

Thanks
        Maybe backburner ?
        My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by stilgarna View Post
          Maybe backburner ?
          This is happening while rendering with Distributed Rendering.

Comment

In these cases, restarting the spawners usually fixes the issue.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I'm having the same problem and it's only started after I installed SP1.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                In these cases, restarting the spawners usually fixes the issue.
                Thanks Vlado!

If you just restart rendering job without actually restarting spawners is usually enough. The problem here is that we get this problem regardless of the state of the spawners ie if they have been just restarted or not. This is beginning to be an issue because we just couldn’t recreate it. It looks like random thing and working with really tight deadlines makes us very nervous.

What is strange here is that it just started happening few months ago. We didn’t add/change or did anything to our rendering nodes and have rendered many hundreds DR jobs successfully without this problem with this setup.

Thanks very much

Comment

Hi all -
                  I am very new to Vray (2 weeks) but just started having this same problem last night for the first time. DR has been working like a charm and nothing has changed except a recent Windows update (xp64) but now 1 of 2 slaves doesn't render properly. Restarting doesn't help.
                  b
                  Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
                  e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Can you check exactly what patches were installed for the said Windows update?

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                      Can you check exactly what patches were installed for the said Windows update?

Best regards,
                      Vlado
                      Here is the list of 2 last windows updates

Update for Win XP 64 (kb942763) on 13-12-2007
                      Security update for Win XP 64 (kb941568 ) on 13-12-2007
                      Security update for Win XP 64 (kb941569) on 13-12-2007
                      Security update for Win XP 64 (kb944653) on 13-12-2007
                      Security update for Win XP 64 (kb941644) on 10-01-2008
                      Security update for Win XP 64 (kb943485) on 10-01-2008

Thanks

Comment

I am willing, but not sure how? All 3 of my computers had the same update, but only the one slave appears to be giving me DR problems right now.

b
                        Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com

Comment

Ok, just as a test, if you un-install the updates since december 13 (you can always install them later again), does this change anything? It seems that the same issue started happening for a number of users around the same time for all of them where things have been running smoothly before.

Best regards,
                          Vlado

Comment

Just went to try this and maybe found the culprit???

The most recent patch is KB946026 Installed yesterday (03/12). I clicked on that to remove through the control panel and it popped up with a warning screen saying "these programs might not run properly" and it listed:

Security Update for Windows XP (KB943055)
                            and.... (drumroll.....)

V-Ray for 3dsmax 2008 x64.

I have not yet uninstalled - but this seemed like it might be a likely place to look for the issue.

b
                            Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com

Comment

I removed that update, and the second one that was listed from yesterday (which also warned me that it would affect V-ray - it was: kb943055). I restarted between each uninstall and tried DR - still rendering grey. The other slave node continues to render fine.

??

b
                              Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com

Comment

Working...
                              X