Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image output issues

Hi All,

I'm having some issues getting my reders output so hopefully someone can walk me thru their process.

I have an image with a fair amount of displacement that I'm redering at 3000x2250. If I render to to the VFB the image is coloured dots or blank, so I guess I'm out of ram (also get the can't save bitmap error when I try to save from the VFB). If I tell it to save in the "split render channels" nothing is saved.

So I am turning off "Render to memory frame buffer", selecting "V-Ray raw image file" and manually changing the file extension to .exr. I now get a super .exr image, but would also like render elements. I understand these are not included in the .exr file so would I save them in the Render Elements tab, and if so as what format.

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to give me an idiots guide to their process.

Thanks in advance.

Trev

the render elements are actually there, you just need an application capable of importing them correctly. what you may want to do is either rendering to vray img instead of exr, and then extract all elements with the vrimg to exr converter, or split the render channels into single files via the vray vfb.

Comment

Originally posted by rivoli View Post
      the render elements are actually there, you just need an application capable of importing them correctly. what you may want to do is either rendering to vray img instead of exr, and then extract all elements with the vrimg to exr converter, or split the render channels into single files via the vray vfb.
      But I can't use the VFB because I get a "can't save bitmap error".

Comment

eh, you're right, I read and probably forgot the point of your post while typing..
        the first piece of advice still stands though, render to vrimg and extract the channels later.

Comment

Working...
        X