Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color

I see a lot of great work here and I am assuming the work is color accurate. How? Here is my MAX screen and a color I am matching. I grab the RGB using YS Instant color picker, but it isn't even close. I used the gamma correction, but, although it is making it darker, still not close. http://www.whitebirchstudios.com/pub...rior/color.jpg
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

The color in the VRayColor does not reflect the gamma correction. The correction is displayed in the material editor. When you pick the color (don't know what the YS color picker is) in Max color Selector, if you select the dropper tool you can select stuff outside max, like the website image color. It should match it up well.

It would be nice to have an additional color parameter under the Gamma correction area of the VRayColor that shows the color gamma corrected.

I have max gamma set to 2.2 so I use that in the VRayColor. Specify 2.2 gamma, and then after I put in the color. The color then shows up gamma corrected (darker) in the material editor, but renders like the color in the VRayColor.
    Last edited by rmejia; 08-04-2008, 06:55 PM.

Comment

dropper tool

I tried selecting outside the max window, but it wouldn't allow it. Can you explain? I use the YS Instant Color Picker, which is just a stand alone color picker, but using MAX's would save a step.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

color

Ok, I got the color picker thing to work... neat!. I tiled my screen and, even though the eyedropper turned into a hand, I selected my web page color. Once I got my MAX color I copied and pasted it into the VRay Color, using gamma 2.2. Here wee go... I'll report back.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I just take a screenshot (Print Screen button) and paste into Photoshop. Then plug the rgb values of the color into my linear color converter and it will convert them to gamma 2.2 for you. That way you don't have to use the vraycolor or the color correct map.

Comment

Color

I just found the max's color clipboard, which is awesome! There is something up with typing in rgb's into the vraycolor. If I type the rgb into max and copy/paste into v-ray things work, but not the other way. I did download that linear converter, but never used it. I'll try someday.
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
            X