Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

performance loss - dynamic memory too low??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• performance loss - dynamic memory too low??

I've added some proxy objects to my scene and it is now taking forever to render? It is giving me a warning in the V-Ray messages box that the dynamic memory is too low?? Is there somewhere I can set it higher to increase performance? I have 4 Gig of ram on a 64 bit system, running 64 bit Max 2008 and Vray 1.50 sp1. Please advise. It says that it's going to take 4hrs to build light cache??? Thanks.

Regards Peter.

Under the Settings tab of the Render Scene dialog raise the dynamic memory limit. Try 2048 and see how it performs.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

The adjustment for the Dynamic Memory Limit is located in the Settings tab under V-Ray:: System. I believe the proper way to do this is to add up all the file sizes of all the proxy objects you have in the scene and that should be your Dynamic Memory Limit in MB's. Do not multiply the file sizes by the amount of times they're instanced just the single files themselves.
      dav

Comment

Thanks guys - went from 4 hrs to 6 mins. It was set to 400Mb?? Thanks again. I'll keep you posted.

I also "always" get a Scene bounding box is too large, possible raycast errors

Do you know what this is and if it is harming my render speed?? Thanks again.

Regards Peter.

Comment

look here
          http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...ad.php?t=33980
          Best regards,
          Andrian

Comment

Working...
          X