Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Undersampling environment map motion blur behind matte?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undersampling environment map motion blur behind matte?

Hello!

The pic pretty much says it all.

There is a matte road and a bridge. They are meant to receive and cast shadows upon the car, and that works very well.

Problems started when I decided to use motion blur. The settings for the matte are on the pic, they're standard, and I've already tried to change every last one of them.

I'm using the universal settings and LWF here, but same thing happens with standard settings and color mapping. The matte has a standard Vraymat, only a diffuse color is set for the GI and reflection effect.
    Max 9 sp 2 x64, Vray 1.50 SP1.

I guess I will render the BG with everything else hidden and then comp it using the alpha from the first (noisy) sequence, but is that the only solution?
    Attached Files

There was a bug in SP1 for this particular case, so comping the background is the only option there. This is corrected for SP2.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I see... so for now I'll comp the bg in post, and on the 20th of April - hopefully - the problem will be fixed.

I have not seen any announcements for the new build yet, so thanks for letting me know what will be fixed .

Comment

Working...
      X