Vray 1.5 sp2 & Max 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 1.5 sp2 & Max 2009

Hi, i have just installed Vray 1.5 sp2 & Max 2009, everything seems okay from the outset but when i send a job to backburner using my 64bit workstation and 64bit render node there is a 2min delay from my render node before it starts to render the scene ???? if i send the same job to my 32bit render node its instant....very confusing. Has anyone else had this issue ??

There is also a delay when i send it using dr.

Again i dont think its a Vray problem, but if anyone has an idea please could you let me know.

tony

Do you get the same issue rendering a simple scene with the scanline renderer?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

yes i do...i dont think its vray. I am pretty sure it is the steering wheel gizmo in Max...this is what the tech support said;

The problem that you have found is probably just 3ds Max just trying to start up but some machines do have problems loading the new steering wheel feature. Autodesk recommend that you disable the Steering Wheel feature for maximum performance.

Below is the fix for the problem but there will be a future patch to fix this.
      Backburner/Steering Wheel Issue- FIX

1. Close Autodesk 3ds Max 2009.

2. In the Autodesk 3ds Max 2009 root folder (Default path C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009) open the \stdplugs folder in Windows® Explorer.

3. Locate the file called AutoCamMax.gup.

4. Right-click the file and select Rename.

5. Rename the file to AutoCamMax.gup.bak.

6. Restart Autodesk 3ds Max 2009.

Comment

Ah, good to know.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X