Vray Sp2 & Dr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Sp2 & Dr

First of all after installing VRAY SP2, whenever I start max on my main workstation, I get an Error (14001) as vraysimiont90.dlt fails to initialize.....what is the best way to get rid of this message.....can I just delete this file from the VRAY directory?????

I have also noticed that DR is not working properly. I currently use MAX 9 and all machines run on 64 Bit. When i restart my main workstation or if I terminate the VRAY License Server and restart it again......DR stops working!!!!!!!

The only solution I have found is closing and restarting the VRAY Spawners on all the render slaves......this takes some time, depending on how many machines you have, but it's also really annoying!!!!

Anybody else experiencing the same problems??????
    Thanks in advance if anyone can help

L

pstools

Just try to use pstools for fast resarting VRAY Spawners on remote computers.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb896649.aspx
    U need just to write simlpe *.bat file.

Comment

For the Simbiont error, please see this thread: http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...t=41761&page=2 (there are links to the MS Visual C++ runtime that you need to install).

For the DR issue, this is done in order to prevent the slaves from rendering wrong buckets (there was an issue with SP1 where there can be misaligned buckets in this case).

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado
        I never ever had misaligned buckets????

So are you saying from now on I have to restart the spawner for each render slave everytime I reboot my main workstation?????
        What happens if I have a lots of render slaves.....it would take forever to restart the spawner for every machine.....is there any other way to get round this...as I usually turn off my workstation when I leave work.

I guess i could transfer the license to one of the render slaves, which are permanantly turned on......would that work?????

Comment

Ideally it should not be a problem if you just restart the license server or the machine which is running it, but I will make some tests to make sure.

However, it might make more sense to simply move the license to a different machine, so that this does not depend on your workstation.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Old spawner problem is back for me.

Hi

Since installing SP2 I am having the problem with the Spawner keep on opeing and closing Max. With Sp1 everything was running perfectly.

What am I missing?

Comment

You can look at the c:\vrayspawner.txt file and see if it contains any error messages.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Nope I don't see any erroe messages.

Comment

Working...
                X