Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flytrough and memory problem

hello all

I want to render the LC in flytrough mode, but at 3000 samples it seems to run out of memory... it's a really big scene and I have to take 3000 samples, is there a way to reduce memory? I followed the tutorial on the vray help page.

I use vray 1.5 SP1 on a 32bit system.

best regards
    themaxxer
    Pixelschmiede GmbH
    www.pixelschmiede.ch

Try making the sample size bigger, I seem to remember that saving me once.

Dan
    Dan Brew

Comment

if its an exterior animation its recomended to use screen mode. if its an interior forget about it. maybe you need to go 64 bits. Check if u have displacement maybe u can go with out that to reduce memory consumption.

Comment

Make sure you use the "Screen" scale mode; you could also try to increase your sample size, like others said. Another thing you can do is reduce the number of light cache passes.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I thought the best mode for flythroughs was "world" regardless of interior or exterior? If it's an aerial animation where you never get close the geometry I can understand "screen" but for a more walkthrough type exterior animation should it still be set to "world"?
          www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

If you have very large open spaces, the "World" mode might be a bad choice as it will cause a lot of samples to be taken over distant geometry. Otherwise, for closed spaces (e.g. interiors with just a few exterior bits) the "World" mode produces more consistent results.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
            X