Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayIES light problem...

Hi

I'm trying to test new VRAYies light in sp2. Each time i add a new VrayIes light in the scene i have just black render after all. Pure black and nothing else. Whatever i'm blind or something don't know how to set up this light. I tried to put an ies web file into the light slot it doesn't show anything at all. I tried to add vray physical camera , Vray frame buffer itc. All the time result is the same. Pure black render looks like no light in the scene at all...

anybody help me with that ?

thank You

czaps
    ...be yourself...

ok

i think i found the solution.
    I switched the units to cm. Now everything is fine ....
    i had "meters" unit in 3dsmax unit setup.

greetings

czaps
    ...be yourself...

Comment

Like with the standard 3ds Max photometric lights, it is important to have your scene units set up correctly when working with the VRayIES lights.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

what is "properly"? i have mine set to default max settings and things worked fine for me

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

"Properly" means that the size of your objects should make sense in the units you have chosen (e.g. a room would be several meters across, rather than millimeters or kilometers).

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

oh ok. so your unit scale doesnt matter once the measurements are realistic

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Yep, this is correct; it does not matter what the actual units are, so long as your scene makes sense with them.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                Yep, this is correct; it does not matter what the actual units are, so long as your scene makes sense with them.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                Exactly !

Just think of everything like in real life:
                3m= 300cm =3000mm and so on.

Best regards,
                nikki Candelero
                .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Also one thing I found is that you have to adjust the falloff for some IES lights, mainly the smaller ones, to get the nice soft edges.

Comment

Mmm. Not sure about this. I have a simple plane, 10 units x 10 units. On the plane I have 2 simple boxes, one is 3x4x5 units and the other is 2x2x3 units. My display unit scale is mm (I am an architect and always think in mm!) and my system unit scale is meters (so that distances from origin etc are smaller values).

Using this setup, the objects are 'reaslitic' dimensions - kind of 'room' sized.

I put in one vries light using an Erco ies file. When I render, the scene is just black.

If I change the System Unit Scale to cm, it renders as expected, but my objects are now 0.1m x 0.1m, 0.03x0.04x0.05m and 0.02x0.02x0.03m respectively. These are hardley 'realistic' sizes to be lit by the ies light.

I am clearly doing something wrong - what?
                    Kind Regards,
                    Richard Birket
                    ----------------------------------->
                    http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

Working...
                    X