Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bump problem in ME with SP2 and 2008

Wow its been a while since I posted in here lol,

ok I installed SP2 yesterday and went to work on a new scene and had to change a noise map to a grey scale bitmap and every time I made any changes to the material in the ME it would seem to hang for a good 60 to 90 seconds or more. I uninstalled SP2 and reinstalled SP1 and theres no problem now in the ME, its working like its supposed to...

I tried it with a 1024x1024, 640x640 and 240x240, RGB and Greyscale and it still hangs in the bump slot of a vray material...

XP Pro, max 2008.

-dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Does this happen only with the bump map? What about other material editor slots?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Did a quick test right now, but I could not reproduce this. If you still have the original material, you can send it if you wish to me at vlado@chaosgroup.com so that I can see if it happens here as well.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Sure thing Vlado give me a few min to send you a sample file, all the other materials were using noise maps that I had not converted yet and they seemed to ba acting normal...

-dave
        Cheers,
        -dave
        ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

OK scratch that Vlado, I just dumped SP1 and reinstalled SP2 just to make sure it was still doing what ever it was doing and now its behaving like its suposed to... weird.

Ill give this a shot and see what happens but for the moment its working good again, if it acts up again Ill shoot you the file...

Thanks again,

-dave
          Cheers,
          -dave

Comment

Working...
          X