What is happening here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is happening here?

I was wondering if anyone could please figure out what is happening. See link below. Also I have a lighting question. Using vray sky and camera, this is the first night scene I have worked on. I use Max lights with vray shadows and I was curious to see what other people are using for there multiplier light settings. For some reason, I need to set the number extremely high.

Thank you,

Scott.

www.drealm.net/Projects/Vray/house-1.jpg

hmm... looks like some kind of ecto-plasmic residue.

sorry - couldn't resist

high intensity lights and vray sun? are you using a vray cam - or a standard max cam? could you have possibly set an object to generate too much gi by accident?
    Last edited by whtnoise; 01-05-2008, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by whtnoise View Post
      hmm... looks like some kind of ecto-plasmic residue.

sorry - couldn't resist

high intensity lights and vray sun? are you using a vray cam - or a standard max cam? could you have possibly set an object to generate too much gi by accident?
      Thanks for the response. Yes, the light multiplier is set very high. That seems to be the only way I can the lights to show up at all. That is why I was asking about multiplier settings. When I was using the Max camera and standard environment, the multiplier was for the most part, set to the default of 1.0. Now that I switched to Vray sky and cam, the multiplier settings on the lights are extremely high. Yes, I'm using Vray cam and I do not have any of the objects set beyond the default bounce setting, however, I forgot to mention one important item in my last post. When I globally turn off displacement, the green is no longer there but there is a smaller red anomaly showing up.

Thanks,

Scott

www.drealm.net/Projects/Vray/House-2.jpg

Comment

check for raytace materials in ur scene, i guess.
        Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
        nuno@ene-digital.com
        00351 917593145

Comment

I like it, it has a matrix feel.
          Dmitry Vinnik
          Silhouette Images Inc.
          ShowReel:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
          https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Originally posted by ene.xis View Post
            check for raytace materials in ur scene, i guess.
            Well, I found the problem. I kept wondering why the problem was happening around the windows. Well, it happened to be a mapping issue on the windows, so after making a few adjustments...problem solved.

Thanks

Scott.

Comment

Working...
            X