Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unexpected exception errors

Hi guys,

Could do with some help, I am getting the "An unexpected exception has occurred in the network renderer and it is terminating" error.

I am using Max design 2009 with Vray 1.5SP2. I'm not sure whats causing the error, pretty sure it's not memory as the render machine has 8gb's pf memory, plus I tested an older scene that rendered fine previously is now getting the same error. I tried the older scene in max 2008, also running Vray1.5SP2 and that worked fine. I have checked that all plugins are correct and they appear to be.

Completely at a loss to explain this.

Any Help gratefully recieved.

Plus, isn't typical that when you need to get a job out, something goes wrong.

Regards

Thox

Hi Thox,

On your render servers try removing the files AutoCamMax.gup and AutoCamResENU.dll from the Stdplugs directory and hide them where Max can't see them. You will lose the 'steering wheel' and cube thingy on those machines but it might stop them from crashing.

Dan
    Dan Brew

Comment

Blimey, I don't believe it, but that worked. I wasn't expecting it to.

Thanks Dan

Regards

Thox

Comment

THANK YOU!!

I have been having so many problem with distribution rendering, it has been driving me absolutely crazy. I have been able to DR on small files no problem soon as they get bigger some would DR the files and other would not, it is very random. Also if i send a file through Backburner it came up with "unexpected exception errors". I can not tell you how happy i am know that it all works again!

Thanks Again
        Resolution Digital
        www.resolutiondigital.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by DanielBrew View Post
          Hi Thox,

On your render servers try removing the files AutoCamMax.gup and AutoCamResENU.dll from the Stdplugs directory and hide them where Max can't see them. You will lose the 'steering wheel' and cube thingy on those machines but it might stop them from crashing.

Dan
          F@#$@#$ING brilliant!

I've been fighting with one of the machines on our farm that errors out no matter what I tried.... this fixed it....a huge thank you from me!

Comment

Originally posted by DanielBrew View Post
            Hi Thox,

Dan
            I didn't change or delete these files on my workstation or render servers and I haven't had any problems with DR or BB. I'm using Max 2009 64 bit with the latest extension from subs (not sp - EXTENSION which came after the sp, if you have subscription.) Also I'm using VRay Sp2.
            Before the max SP and extension on my old PC, I did have some problems...
            Kind Regards,
            Morne

Comment

Believe it or not THIS FIXED MY PROBLEM ALSO!!!! THANKS!!!
              I was having around 10 machines on 35 that I was getting that error and now
              it's fixed!!!

Regards,

Comment

Hmm , I'm also use max 2009 64bit and have no problem so far, anyway I did remove this to prevent any problems that may occur. thx..
                Best regards,
                Andrian

Comment

Working...
                X