Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ERROR: Camera FOV is too small, possible round off errors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ERROR: Camera FOV is too small, possible round off errors.

Hi,

Strange error appeared while I was trying to render a file that was rendering ok untill today: when you hit render "camera fov is too small, possible round off errors" appears and as a result vray renders black image.
    I haven't changed any camera settings since last successful render and there was nothing i could do to render from that camera. I ended up having to recover camera from previous versin to be able to render.

Did anyone have this kind of problem? Just wondering what might have caused this error.

I am using max2008 and sp2 on xp64.

Thanks very much

ive never seen this happen in max, but i have seen in maya. This usually happens when your render camera gets switch during rendering on the network machine. I.e. you had your vray cam selected, but in render globals it switched to another camera.
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

x-refed camera with the same name maybe?
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

Thanks for your replies!
        Morbid Angel: not sure exactly what you mean by "switched to another camera". I am rendering from the selected view and don't have camera locked to other views or cameras in render scene dialogue box (on the bottom of the render scene dialogue box).

RErender - I checked and it is not xrefed camera with the same name. I have 10 xrefs but none of them has cameras.

I have deleted the camera and merged the same camera from the previous incrementally saved file and the problem was gone. This is telling me that somehow camera got corrupted and that it was not some setting or xref problem.

This is second or third time that i came across this problem.

Thanks again!

Comment

I think that i found out what was causing this error:
          i was importing geometry into the max when it crashed and did emergency save. When i opened recovery file and tried to render i got FOV is too small error and black render.
          It was rendering ok with merged camera saved before the crash...

Regards

Comment

Working...
          X