vrayphysical cam out of max cam - incorrect film gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vrayphysical cam out of max cam - incorrect film gate

hi, often i get an incorrect film gate when i make a vray physical camera out of an max camera.my workflow: firts i make a perspective view out of the max-cam, then i make a vray physical camera in the top view window, then i activate the perspective window + strg+c and get an vrayphysical camera, with position and view direction, same as the max camera. but, the film gate is most times not the same on as in the max camera. am i doing something wrong? thx

yes: you're not using my converter script
    Jokes apart, the film gate for max cameras is specified in the render options panel, while on the physcam it's specified on the camera itself.
    My script takes care of it automagically, but you can alternatively copy it by hand.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

And when you choose a Perspective, drag a new VRayCamera in that Perspective view and then press Ctrl-C?
      That's what I usually do...

And then I use Lele's Copy/Paster script to get the settings from other camera's when I have those in the scene (usually just the F-number and ISO settings)
      www.artbyarjan.com - Online portfolio (temporarily offline)
      @home:
      / AMD Phenom X4 @ 3.00Ghz / ATI HD 4890 / 8Gb Ram /
      / Vista Ultimate x64 / Max 2010 / Vray 1.5 SP3a Edu /
      @work:
      / Intel Core2Quad Q9450 @ 2.66Ghz /
      Nvidia Quadro FX 3700 / 8Gb Ram /
      / Vista Bussines x64 /

Comment

thanks for your replies lele+drjan. i`ll try your suggestions.

Comment

ähm, i can`t find the render options panel where the film gate for the max cameras is located

Comment

It's on the "Render Scene" Common Parameters Tab. It's the "Aperture Width".
            www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

when i make a max camera out of a perspective view(ctrl+c), and then a vray phys.cam out of the same perspective, i get just a little different result.
              but when i insert the aperture widh data into the film gate field i get a totaly different view...
              i tried out different values from 20 to 150 into aperture widh and always got the same results for the cameraviews out of an perspective(ctrl+c), how does the aperture view affect the scene?
              never took notice of the aperture widh before, what am i missing?

Comment

Working...
              X