vray plugins not loading...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray plugins not loading...

Today, in InstallSettings.ini, I changed this variable: useUserPaths=0. This allows Max2008 to run like Max 8 in terms of keeping all settings in the install directory, rather than per user profile.

After changing this value and re-starting Max, everything worked great. Then, after closing Max and re-opening, it couldn't find vrender90.dlr, and consequently diidn't load Vray.

So I re-installed Vray (1.5 sp1), re-started Max, and it worked. Then I closed Max and re-started, and it couldn't find vrender90.dlr again.

Why would this be happening?
    "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Clifton,
    We have the same setup on our computers. useUserpaths=0, Max2008 and Vray Sp1.

In C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2008 what does your plugin.ini look like?

Ours is:

[Directories]
    V-Ray main plug-ins=C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2008\plugins
    V-Ray additional plug-ins=C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2008\plugins\vrayplugins
    ;=;
    Derik Bibb
    Architectural Visualizer

TANGRAM 3DS
    International 3D & Design Solutions

Comment

hey, thanks dbibb. I just figured that out. I had to go to another workstation and compare the two plugin.ini files.

For some reason, Vray didn't write that text in the plugin.ini file. Maybe because it wants to write it into the plugin.ini in the C:\Documents and Settings\...\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\3dsmax...etc. which no longer exists, because I deleted it.

Well, regardless, I have it fixed now.

Cheers
      "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Glad you got it working
        Derik Bibb
        Architectural Visualizer

TANGRAM 3DS
        International 3D & Design Solutions

Comment

Working...
        X