Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVI video file in TV screen

hi guys,

i have a problem. I'm using Vray 1.5 SP1 under Win64 bit.
    I'm doing an fly trough animation for a Mall and i need to put an .avi video file in a bigscreen on the facade. I've created a Vraylightmat with the avi video but in the animation the screen remain completely white!
    I've tryed with a standard mat, a vraymat and with an animated gif file on diffuse slot but nothing, the result is the same.

It's a Vray version bug or i'm doing something wrong? (iv'e maked the same thing last year with vray 1.47 and goes good..)

Many thanks for help
    bye
    Marco
    3d Graphics || www.vizproject.it

try bringing the value down for the light. too high and it just comes out white
    also make sure you can see the preview of the avi in mat editor. If not, then maybe you dont have a codec installed that can view the avi
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Thank you for answer, really appreciated, but the problem remain, i've tryed to install a new codec for viewing the avi files and that's goes good, but in the material editor i cannot see any preview of the avi.

Any other ideas?

thanks
      Marco

Comment

Update:

i've downloaded the win64bit codec pack from microsoft and updated all to Windows media player 11. The .avi file run normally when i open it into wmp, but in max i cannot select the file and the problem persist.

Maybe it's a video card drivers problem?
        Maybe it's a max problem?

any tips?

thanks
        Marco

Comment

hmmm if you can not select the file in max, make sure you have the type set to "all files". If you can see the file but there is no preview, I still think its a codec problem. I had same issue with avi file not long ago. I ended up opening the avi with another program and saved it as "uncompressed", that way you dont have to worry about any codecs. After this, I could select and preview it in max.
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

Thank you,

i'll try to follow your indications, hope that's work!

bye
            Marco

Comment

Working...
            X