VraySpawner Opens & Closes over and over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VraySpawner Opens & Closes over and over

I have max 2008 and vray sp2. I am trying to use DR. When I open spawner on the slave machine, it simply opens and closes over and over again.

I have searched the forums but have not found anything that resolves my issue.

Does anyone have some helpful advice...this is driving me crazy.
    Daniel Black
    Archtagon LLC
    www.archtagon.com

have you run a job through backburner on that machine yet? If not, do it, then try DR.

Comment

yeah I did that already. Didn't help
      Daniel Black
      Archtagon LLC
      www.archtagon.com

Comment

Hi dan

I have the same problem, reported it sometime ago.
        Only had time now to look in the VRaySpawner log file and saw the Alert that it can't find the VRaySpawner.ini - Hope this give enough info to the team to steer us in the right direction.

Comment

have u done a search for the file ?
          Last edited by danb4026; 16-05-2008, 01:13 PM. Reason: spell
          Daniel Black
          Archtagon LLC
          www.archtagon.com

Comment

yip, didn't find it

Comment

When I render thru DR, it only shows my main/client machine's ID in the buckets. It never shows my render slave machines ID. I have VraySpawner on on the slave, although the max file's shows up as UNTITLED not VRAYSPAWNER90, as it's supposedly should. In setup under DR, it shows both computers IP addresses too and the resolve fine.

I have run a Net Render with backburner and it renders fine, but once again I cant tell which machine is doing what or if the slave machine is contributing at all.

Why is this so difficult to understand? I cannot DR to work right.
              Daniel Black
              Archtagon LLC
              www.archtagon.com

Comment

Before you can use a slave for DR, you must run at least one backburner job with that machine as the slave.

If you still have issues after that, look at the vrayspawner log file in the c:\ folder for some hints on what may be wrong.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                X