Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 DR Problem: solved but... :(

Hi,

these are my 2 problems that I resolved, but i lost much time... and the solution is not elegant

(*). My network:
    - Master XP64 - 3ds max 2008
    - 3 slave XP32 - 3ds max 2008

(*). Scene il not so heavy, Its' interior room

1° PROBLEM

With a simply scene 3 teapot, all PC in my network work OK, but when i load my scene, one slave star/stop/start the dummy.max file. So the problem is a little mesh. It's a Ivy mesh, convert in poly+push modifier+turbosmooth. When i found this problem (after hours of research) i collapse my staks and all work fine. But, why this problem?

2° PROBLEM

All my mesh have one big multi sub-object. Now, one of my slave, not the previous, don't recognize one sub-material. Specifically not recognize a texture (.jpg) in a refraction material. So, i copy a sub-material in a simply slot and apply to the vase. Now the slave works fine and recognize the map.
    Again, why this problem?

The geometry problem is not the first that happen. But i don't remember if is SP1 or SP2.

Bye

cecofuli
    www.francescolegrenzi.com

VRay - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book
    Corona - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book

--- FACEBOOK ---

I know there are some issues with DR if you have an HSDS modifier in the scene and unfortunately we cannot fix this. If your case is different, you can send us a scene with the problematic mesh to vray@chaosgroup.com and we'll investigate the issue.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado,

I don't have time in this moment, but, when finish, i prepare a zip with all stuff you need. But now there is another problem with DR+IM:

(1) . Animation with 5 frame
      (2) . I create a LC with my master and now i load it from file.
      (3) . Now it's time to IM. So, i turn ON my slave PC, incremental add to current map and press render.
      (4) . First frame is ok, all slave work for create a IM in DR. But, for some reason, the 2°, 3°,4° and 5° only master works, and the slave are dead. If i see the V-Ray message, nothing happen when the first frame is finished. No connecting, no distribuite, like the DR option in the Rollout system is off.
      (5). The solution: render manually each frame at time with "don't render final image": ON. In this mode, the IR is ditribuited and all slave work. but... is poor solution . It's only my problem or new RC or what?
      Render is 6000x3000

Same with simply teapot orbit scene. Can you help me? I need this for my work!

Thank's
      cecofuli
      Last edited by cecofuli; 28-05-2008, 01:22 PM.

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

I'm experiencing number 4 too.
        .:www.mcphersonyachtdesign.com:.

Comment

Damn , so it's not only my problem... Any solution?

Thank's

cecofuli

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

The "incremental add to current map" mode is not supported for DR, I think this is where it goes wrong.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

I vlado,

in all version? I don't remember very well, but sometime i use "incremental add to current map" and work. Or i wrong and dream this ehh... ? So, no IM in DR mode?

Thank's

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

The "incremental add to current map" mode for the irradiance map has never worked in DR. Other modes ("Single frame", "From file", "Animation (prepass)", "Animation (rendering)") work fine with DR though.

Support for the incremental mode is high on the list for the next V-Ray update though.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

Ahhh, i'm dreaming ... This is very high update. Again, thank's for your fast support.

cecofuli

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

hi Vlado we just finished an animation using incremental add to current map calculated on several machines through DR

the final imaged rendered was fine.
                    i dont get it , if its not supported shouldnt i get half an IM calculation per frame?

will i get a better quality if i did the IM on 1 machine??
                    www.kobo9.ch

Comment

Originally posted by khoross View Post
                      hi Vlado we just finished an animation using incremental add to current map calculated on several machines through DR

the final imaged rendered was fine.
                      i dont get it , if its not supported shouldnt i get half an IM calculation per frame?

will i get a better quality if i did the IM on 1 machine??
                      I believe in your case each frame was calculated separately - you saw almost no increase in speed using "incremental" vs. "add to current map". I think the local machine still reuses the irr. map in memory but the DR machines will calculate full buckets as if it was a brand new calculation. So it'll work in that you'll get a proper calc, it's just pretty slow.
                      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Originally posted by cecofuli View Post
                        Hi,
                        (*). My network:
                        - Master XP64 - 3ds max 2008
                        - 3 slave XP32 - 3ds max 2008

(*). Scene il not so heavy, Its' interior room

1° PROBLEM

With a simply scene 3 teapot, all PC in my network work OK, but when i load my scene, one slave star/stop/start the dummy.max file.

2° PROBLEM

All my mesh have one big multi sub-object.

The geometry problem is not the first that happen. But i don't remember if is SP1 or SP2.

Bye

cecofuli
                        Hello,

Same problem here. I really don't remember this happenning with the previous versions
                        With some scenes, even some heavy ones, DR works fine, with others, it never kicks in.
                        The solution of checking one object at a time is very time consuming, and as everybody else in here I'm sure, I don't have the luxury of having time to do this

On a side note, I also used DR with incremental add in the past and it seemed to work fine, but now I understand why each frame was taking longer and longer to calculate! It was in fact using add tu current map instead of incremental... Good to know, and good thing to fix

Vlado, I will see if I have time to debug this scene and if I find the "guilty object", I will send it over for you to check.

In the meantime, if any of you have a workaround, I'll be glad to hear it!

cheers,
                        Matthieu DELARUE
                        ARCHIMED STUDIO
                        www.archimed-studio.com

Comment

I'm not sure if this is any particular object that is causing it; in any case, I'm doing some more serious DR tests now to find any possible issues, so any scenes that you can send over to vlado@chaosgroup.com for testing are welcome.

Best regards,
                          Vlado

Comment

Hello Vlado,

I just sent you a file for which DR doesn't work.
                            Let me know if it works on your side.

Thanks a lot!
                            Matthieu DELARUE
                            ARCHIMED STUDIO
                            www.archimed-studio.com

Comment

I got it, thanks!

Best regards,
                              Vlado

Comment

Working...
                              X