Help with Creating waves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Creating waves.

Hi guys just wondering if you guys can help me im not good with materialing things considering im always designing and never have time for tuts. =( maybe some of you can give some feedback on how i can add waves to the edges of these beaches
    ( like the white breaks at the sand edge) , would i have to create a PS image myself and paint them or is there an easier way?

Any help would be appreicated.

Ruben Gil
    www.spvisionz.com
    www.linkedin.com/in/s2vgroup

Maybe try a vraydirt as a mask for wave shader? this way the waves will only appear where the water is touching your ground thing

Comment

kk let me see what i do.
      Ruben Gil
      www.spvisionz.com
      www.linkedin.com/in/s2vgroup

Comment

Originally posted by R_Cyph View Post
        Maybe try a vraydirt as a mask for wave shader? this way the waves will only appear where the water is touching your ground thing
        This is what I do - use a dirty b&w mask in the radius and you can add some variation.
        I put the dirt in the refraction slot and made the diffuse a flat white bitmap with the colour correct plugin to push the brightness up more (goes a bit grey at the edges otherwise)
        Looks a bit odd close up, but if your sample image is how far you'll be seeing it from it should be perfect.
        Last edited by Neilg; 09-06-2008, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cubiclegangster View Post
          This is what I do - use a dirty b&w mask in the radius and you can add some variation.
          I put the dirt in the refraction slot and made the diffuse a flat white bitmap with the colour correct plugin to push the brightness up more (goes a bit grey at the edges otherwise)
          Looks a bit odd close up, but if your sample image is how far you'll be seeing it from it should be perfect.
          Or you could use a VRayBlendMtl. Water in base slot, Foam in first slot with VRayDirt as the mask.

Comment

Working...
          X