Animation Pass Freeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animation Pass Freeze

Having problems with the Animation pass. It is getting "stuck" when interpolating the IRR frames. It rendered the first 100 frames ok, then just gets stuck - never finishes loading the interpolation solution. All network nodes crash the job instantly.

If I try to render a single frame on a local machine - it just hangs when loading the irrs and locks up the computer for 30mins, then finally it will render the frame.

Only on interpolation of 3. Which is barely enough for the fast moving objects in this one.

What is the deal?

EDIT: Is this windows BS? We just did all the updates and shut everything down yesterday. but I wouldn't be surprised if this is some kind of network issue? I hope somebody has figured this out already?

UPDATE: Interpolate of 2 seems to work - but I know this will make the "waves" of IRR dirt more noticeable as I asked about in a earlier post. Is there a max IRR file size that works or doesn't work?
    Last edited by meanadam; 13-06-2008, 10:55 AM.
    www.studio2a.co

Not really a solution but you could test if it is the network by copying the imaps locally and seeing if they load faster.
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

UPDATE: Now the 2 interpolations is freezing the same as the 3. Forgot to wait for the 1st 100 again before the crashing starts. And then it starting working an hour later... most of the time...

Must be a windows thing? No?
      Last edited by meanadam; 13-06-2008, 01:34 PM.
      www.studio2a.co

Comment

Working...
      X